“The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse (1200) is one of the most affordable exercise bikes you can find around. But what makes this exercise bike such a top-selling product isn’t just the price. Most people who have limited space to spare in their homes for workouts and storage tend to look for exercise bikes like this because of their space-saving design.”
The folding design of these exercise bikes makes them space efficient especially for those without a dedicated home gym. The compact size notwithstanding, you still want your exercise bike to be functional with quality essential components. How well does this unit hold up in comparison to other basic fitness bikes? Find out more in this Exerpeutic 1200 Review.
Is Exerpeutic a Good Brand?
Let’s begin with what is perhaps the biggest question on your mind. Exerpeutic, the company that manufactures this foldable exercise bike also makes a wide range of other workout equipment including elliptical trainers, inversion tables, treadmills, and so on.
Exerpeutic might not be the most popular fitness equipment manufacturer around, but the company has an excellent product line with an array of quality workout machines. The company’s range of budget exercise bikes like the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse (1200) is also quite impressive. They are not the most sophisticated, but they are decent for their price.
This folding magnetic bike features a solid steel x-frame design which makes it particularly strong and sturdy. It can support a weight of up to 300lbs which is more than what you get from many of the other entry-level portable exercise bikes. This machine also features leg stabilizers that can be extended during workouts to prevent the machine from tipping over while you are exercising.
Obviously, the bike is foldable and can be collapsed to about half of its original footprint. This makes it easy to store when it is not in use. The design of this bike also factors in durability.
This is a belt-driven exercise bike which means you can be sure of optimal performance for several years even with minimal design. Add that to the thin coating of the steel frame which protects it’s against the elements and you can be almost sure that this machine will hold up for quite a few years.
- Handlebar: the handlebar of the Exerpeutic 1200 is fixed which might be a bummer for those that prefer bikes with adjustable handles. Still, the handle is designed to be ergonomic with comfy paddings that enhance your grip. The handlebar is also designed to factor in multiple grip positions depending on the workout posture of the user. The pulse sensor which measures your heart rate as you work out is built into the handlebar.
- Adjustable Seat: the design of the seat of the Exerpeutic 1200 exercise bike is another crucial selling point for many users. Not only is the seat large, but it is also designed to be comfy to sit on. This is important since you can’t use this machine in an upright position. The soft padding and ergonomic design of the seat mean you can continue your workout without worrying about soreness or pain with this machine.
Another impressive thing about the seat is that it is adjustable. This makes the bike more versatile since it can be used conveniently by people of different heights. Users between a height range of 5’3″ and 6’2″ can adjust the seat between the pedals and handlebars for their convenience. Users taller than this might find it a tad bit inconvenient.
Despite being an entry-level bike, this workout machine has some impressive features. You can check out these features to see if the bike is a right fit for you based on specific preferences:
- Pulse feature: the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic exercise Bike is arguably among the cheapest bikes you will find around that has a heart-rate monitor built into it. The handlebars of this machine as pulse sensors that can monitor and read your heartbeat rates as you work out. This option makes it possible to measure the intensity of your exercise.
- LCD Display: With an easy-to-read, computerized LCD display, major metrics such as the distance, time, speed, calories burned, and heartbeat rate can be easily monitored while you work out on this machine. The LCD screen has a dimension of 3.3” W x 1.5” H.
- Tension Resistance: Although not built for super intense workouts, this machine offers some tension resistance to boost the intensity of your workouts. There are 8 tension levels that can be adjusted based on your preferences. You can check the Exerpeutic 1200 Manual for instructions on how to vary the intensity level.
IS the Exerpeutic 1200 Easy To Assemble?
While assembly is required for this bike, most users find putting the machine together quite easy. The main components such as the frame pieces and the drive/braking systems come preassembled. All you need to install is the handlebar, pedal, seat, and LCD monitor.
All the instruments needed for this assembly are also available inside the box. The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse (1200) Manual contains clear instructions for assembly so the process should be completed in less than an hour or about an hour if you are not very mechanically inclined.
What Isn’t So Great About the Exerpeutic Folding Exercise?
Considering the cost of this exercise bike, there isn’t much you can complain about. Of course, being a portable entry-level bike means you are not going to end up with a workhorse built for intense workouts. It is most ideal for people looking for a machine that will help them stay moderately active. Also, some components such as pedals and belts may not be rock solid and may become damaged with heavy use.
For its price, the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse (1200) is a great option for anyone looking for a cheap but functional exercise bike for home or office use. It is not a machine you are likely to find in a standard gym but makes an excellent addition to your home gym or as a standalone machine for moderate occasional workouts. Be sure to check out the weight limit (300lbs) and other features to ensure it is a perfect fit for you.
Best Exercise Bikes 2021(Top 7 Exercise Bikes 2021)
1. As Seen On TV Slim Cycle Stationary Bike by Bulbhead, Most Comfortable Exercise Machine, Thick, Extra-Wide Seat & Back Support Cushion, Recline or Upright Position, Twice the Results in Half the Time
2. XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike, Silver, 31.5L x 18W x 45.3H in.
3. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse, 31.0′ L x 19.0′ W x 46.0′ H (1200)
4. ATIVAFIT Indoor Cycling Bike Folding Magnetic Upright Bike Stationary Bike Recumbent Exercise Bike（B07Q835B7M）
5. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
6. Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike, Pulse Rate Monitoring, 300 lb Capacity, Digital Monitor and Quick Adjustable Seat | SF-RB4616
7. Vanswe Recumbent Exercise Bike for Adults Seniors Cardio Workout at Home with 16 Levels Magnetic Resistance, 380 lbs Weight Capacity, LED Monitor, Adjustable Seat, Bluetooth Connectivity and Pulse Rate Monitoring RB661
Vanswe Recumbent Exercise Bike for Adults Seniors Cardio Workout at Home with 16 Levels Magnetic Resistance, 380 lbs Weight Capacity, LED Monitor, Adjustable Seat, Bluetooth Connectivity and Pulse Rate Monitoring RB661
Read More Our Review:
- How Staying Healthy Is Easy With The Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike Sf-Rb4616?
- Why Should You Cycle with an Exerpeutic Gold Heavy Duty Foldable Exercise Bike?